Thursday, August 12, 2010

St. Augustine Alligator Farm

Today, Dan took the kids to the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine.  We love this place!  Unfortunately, I had to work...so they went without me.

They made it for "alligator feeding" time!  This can be quite disturbing to see...if you're not prepared!  It is nature at it's best!  Their usual is fresh muskrat and whole chickens!  The trainer throws in several raw pieces and it's truly a feeding FRENZY!  I'm not kidding!  Several VERY LARGE alligators tear at the meat.  You can even hear bones cracking and flesh ripping!

There are usually several people that can't actually watch this event.  I've been known to be one of them!
Anyway, they didn't get any pictures of that today....thank goodness!  These are just some random shots.



Amelia, Nathan & Olivia

Olivia & Amelia at the Kids Zone

My cute little Livie!

At the Mythbusters Sign

Mythbuster Episode Info
Have you ever seen Mythbusters?  This is a great show about....well....about trying to bust open the logic behind certain myths.  Recently one of their episodes had to do with busting the myth that you can actually run away from an attacking alligator if you can "zig zag" while you're running.  Well, I can't exactly remember the details about this episode, but I believe that this myth was deemed...."plausible".  Click here to get the info about this specific episode.

1 comment:

  1. I came from the Blog Hop and ended up here!
    I remember going to this place when I was a child. We are from North Alabama and used to vacation in St. Augustine. I loved it.
    I have old movies of me riding on the turtles. It looks like it has changed so much. Of course that was many EONS ago. ;)
    Homeschooling Rocks

    ReplyDelete